What's new in version 1.5
- Apps such as Skype reset webcam randomly and cause webcam to lose settings. Version 1.5 add [Write every settings to webcam] popup menu, allow Webcam Settings to write settings back to webcam at certain interval, for example 0.5 seconds.
- Add [Read auto settings from webcam] popup menu, allow Webcam Settings to read Exposure Time, White Balance Temperature and Focus values at certain interval, for example 0.5 seconds.
- Add information sheets to explain newly added popup menus.
- Fix the incompatibility issue with Logitech Broadcaster Software.
- Add customization code to handle non-standard "Exposure Time" control on Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000 and Microsoft LifeCam HD-5001.
- Add customization code to support non-standard "Exposure Time" and "Manual Focus" control for Logitech QuickCam Pro for Notebooks and Webcam C905.
- Add customization code to handle non-standard "Brightness" and "Backlight Compensation" control on Logitech QuickCam E 1100.
|Webcam Settings 1.5 Preferences Tab|
What's new in version 1.4
- Display camera model for Logitech cameras.
- Every slider control can be increased/decreased precisely now with buttons in front and next to the slider.
- You can see minimum, current and maximum values of every slider control by clicking the control title.
- You can directly input a new value into the text field of every slider control.
- Webcam Settings now only shows controls supported by your camera hardware.
|Webcam Settings 1.4 - new features #1 and #2|
|Webcam Settings 1.4 - new features #3 and #4|
What's new in version 1.3
- Automatically load a preset when the app opens.
- Aperture control value can be saved and load back.
- Make small icons more clear on Retina display.
- Notify user about Webcam Settings menu bar icon while user close the panel on Mac OS X 10.6.
- Fixed an issue where webcam may stop working after Mac wakes up.
- Add special code to handle non-standard "Exposure Time" control on Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000.
- Add special code to handle non-standard "Exposure Time" control on Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000.
|Webcam Settings Panel - Basic (1.3)|
|Webcam Settings Panel - Advanced (1.3)|
What's new in version 1.2
- Settings of the camera will be stored automatically and restored the next time the app is launched.
- Slider positions will be updated automatically when "Auto Exposure Mode", "Auto White Balance" or "Auto Focus" is on.
- Add customization code to support non-standard "Exposure Time" and "Manual Focus" control for Logitech Webcam Pro 9000.
What's new in version 1.1
1. Save/Load settings
2. Add "Black and White Menu Icon" option on the menu
3. Notify user about Webcam Settings menu bar icon while user close the panel on Mac OS X 10.7 and later
4. Positioning "Aperture" buttons [-1] and [+1] correctly now, decrease value button should be on the left
5. Support Intel Core Duo CPU by adding 32-bit binary code
6. Fix an issue when user dragging a slider too fast, certain camera may stop responding
Camera Specific Improvements
1. Add customization code to support non-standard "Exposure Time" control for Microsoft LifeCam Studio and LifeCam Cinema
2. Add customization code to support non-standard "Exposure Time" and "Manual Focus" control for Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
More information about Webcam Settings
Webcam Settings Camera Support
- Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, QuickTime Player 7, QuickTime Player X
- iStopMotion, BoinxTV
- WebEx, Jabber
- Adobe Connect
- Flash based webcam app
Webcam Settings 1.0
◼ Quickly customize your webcam's settings while using iChat/Messages, FaceTime, or Skype on your Mac - Softpedia
◼ Mactaris' Webcam Settings 1.0 makes it possible to adjust the settings of a USB webcam (or internal iSight/FaceTime cam) while using a video-capable application such as Skype or iChat. - MacInTouch
Webcam Settings is the 1st and only Mac app, which lets you improve the image quality in real-time when using your USB webcam with your favorite video application such as FaceTime, iChat/Messages,or Skype. Webcam Settings is a very useful and user-friendly OS X utility that will help you quickly adjust your USB webcam's settings.
Webcam Settings allows you to adjust settings including the exposure time, contrast, saturation, and white balance temperature for your webcam, whether it’s a Built-in iSight, a more recent FaceTime/FaceTime HD Camera or an external USB webcam.
See how Logitech/Microsoft webcam owner, stop motion/claymation producer, podcast producer and Skype chatting users talk about Webcam Settings.
★★★★★ This is a great app for Logitech owners
by largenose75 - Version 1.0 - Jun 27, 2012
... With this app i'm able to have full manual control of the C910 webcam, including manual focus. That's great for stop motion animation too, ...
★★★★★ Works great - by driver4_ - Version 1.0 - Jun 28, 2012
... This software goes hand in hand with animating and chatting using webcams.
★★★★★ YES! Works on Logitech C920, too!
by the8thNote - Version 1.0 - Jun 28, 2012
... The program is lightweight, extremely useful, and works wonderfully! Definitely worth the cost!
★★★★★ Saved mmy skype sessions!
by AnthonyNguyen - Version 1.0 - Jun 28, 2012
... Fixed my image with literally the click of one button.
★★★★★ Exactly what I needed.
by Vicorita Nisus - Version 1.0 - Jul 1, 2012
... A must-have for people like me who use their webcam for more than just the occasional skype session.
by dgtlknight - Version 1.0 - Jul 14, 2012
Works great with my external webcam and provides me with plenty of controls to manage several parameters. Just what I needed. Thanks!!
★★★★★ This app is awesome with MS Lifecam Studio!!
by fiaa1023 - Version 1.0 - Jul 17, 2012
... I recommend people who want to use iChat with external usb CAM properly with good image quality.
Check full user review on US Mac App Store or follow this link,
- True hardware level control of your webcam.
- View changes in Real-time to your video as you move sliders and change other settings.
- Fully plug-and-play; Webcam Settings, automatically recognizes your USB webcam when it’s connected to your Mac.
- Automatically identifies various settings that your webcam supports.
- Feel free to try any different settings as “Reset to Default” button brings back original settings from your camera.
- Works with almost every video or photo app such as Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie and Skype.
Supported Settings (varies between cameras)
- Auto-Exposure Mode
- Exposure Time
- White Balance Temperature
- Power Line Frequency
- Backlight Composition
* Webcam Settings support UVC (USB Video Class) webcam only; FireWire camera such as external iSight is not supported.